I have a philosphy on life, as I think we all do whether or not we have figured ours out yet, mine is simply this: Enjoy the ride! There will be bumps in the road that will try to get you down, you must not let it! Enjoy the adventures life takes you on and you will be surprised where it takes you. Oh and Scatter Sunshine all along your way :)

Thursday, February 14, 2013

How the game was born

Yesterday morning at work Tucker was sitting at Linda's desk working on her computer, (which has been  a headache since she received the new one) and I was scanning the outgoing mail. 

Ryan came in and he was collecting the shred-it from the building, at this same time I realized that that the water cooler was empty... and I didn't really care to change it with a man around... so I asked Ryan if he would switch it for me. He agreed laughing, because I waited until he started talking about the fact that none of the girls are asked to go collect shred-it, just the guys. (Which I am fine with, I dont want to do the manual labor if there is a man to do it). 

Anyhow, Ryan said 'sure, I'll come back' which confused me but I went along with it. After Ryan left for the other building I told Tucker, if Ryan doesnt come back to change the water I dont know if we can be friends anymore (because if I cant trust you how can we be friends?! haha) Tucker chuckled his agreement and then we both went back to work. 

Not five minutes later Tucker looked up and said 'I guess you are going to be friends!' Which surprised me, I looked up just in time to see Ryan walk past us with a filled water jug that he had carried over from the other building. We let him walk by and then I looked at Tucker. [Now you should know at this part that we have a stash of water jugs in every building, so there was no reason for him to carry a new jug to my building]. Tucker looked at me and asked 'aren't there some of those here?' and the answer was why yes, yes there are. "Tucker should I tell him?", "Well no, probably not. But maybe you should tell him so he will know for next time. Oh and you have to use the word Dragon Slayer when you do it".

I looked at Tucker exasperated, and before I could ask what?! Ryan walks by and is about to exit the building, so I yell after him to get him to come back. "Ryan, thank you for being my Dragon slayer, but next time you dont need to carry the water over."

And that is how the game was born. Now Tucker and I give words back and forth to each other. Some have been: curly, mountain, porcupine, galvanized (I still havent really used this one), citrix, coby and meow. If you have any suggestions let me know, and Ill let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment